Friday, March 23, 2018

Mobssie Cheese Cake (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

After spending an hour in the subway, I finally arrived in Hongik University Station via the Green Line (Line#2). I am no stranger to the Hongdae area but this time around, I'm heading to a part of Hongdae that I'm not familiar with at all. And the reason I'm coming here? To check out Mobssie Cheese Cake, a dessert place brought to us by the same folks who previously operated Mobssie Chocolate Cake.



This is your typical dessert cafe in Hongdae. Rustic and minimalist.



I was caught off guard when they told me they've already sold out all their cheesecakes. It was only 5pm and on a potentially busy Friday night, what would they be offering to their customers?

Moelleux chaud au fromage (6,800 won) - Luckily, they still have their oven baked cheesecake available (I'm not quite sure if these categorizes as cheesecakes coz they are more like cheese to me).



Moelleux chaud au fromage literally translates into "mellow hot cheese". This came straight out of the oven and judging from its presentation, I wasn't particularly impressed. But once again looks proved to be deceiving. I thought the slightly melting cheese was soft and moist with just the perfect amount of cheesiness. I've never been a fan of American-style cheesecake because they were often way too cheesy for me but this was right on the money both in terms of flavors (relatively light) and texture (pretty light). What a pleasant surprise.



PS. The only downer for me was really service. I thought service was almost non-existent during my visit and the only staff there never showed any emotion. 





Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 330-13 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Hongik University
Tel: +82 070-8162-0920


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think