Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Pici Pasta Bar Wanchai (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I was getting a rare day-off in the middle of the week and guess where I was heading for lunch on my day-off. Wanchai again!



Pici Pasta Bar has been my favorite place to get my fix for some homemade pasta ever since its opening last year. It's conveniently located near my office too, but it's nearly impossible to get ourselves a table unless we arrive really early (or late).



I was hoping for some vitello tonnato this afternoon but they have taken it off the lunch menu in favor of the beef carpaccio. This was pretty decent though I would take their vitello tonnato on any given day.



Radicchio salad was the other starter we ordered from the set menu. On top of the red and green mixed leaves were goat cheese, balsamic and hazelnut. We all needed a little detox every now and then.



Tagliolini al pomodoro - The homemade tagliolini was really nice so simply tossing it with basil, cherry tomatoes and tomato sauce already made this really tasty. 



Tagliatelle with spicy n'duja ($15 supplement) - I had to drop extra cash for this upgrade but I considered the extra $15 money well spent. The tagliatelle was again very strong to the bite and the spicy kick from the Italian sausage and spicy n'duja was a lovely touch.



Tagliatelle with porcini ($140) - I got this one specially for my little nugget but he ended up eating most of my tagliolini al pomodoro instead! I love these kind of simple pasta dishes. Eggy tagliatelle tossed with porcini mushroom, butter and parmesan. It just made my heart sing!



The only bad news was the fact that their tiramisu were all sold out so I had to settle with panna cotta with raspberry jam.



Chef Andrea Viglione will be representing Pici in the "Taste of Hong Kong" festivities this year to showcase his talent. If time permits, I will definitely drop by to say hi!

Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: 16 Saint Francis Yard, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2755-5523
Website: www.pici.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think