Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Kam's Roast Goose 甘牌燒鵝 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a while since I last had some decent roast goose for dinner. I'm pretty picky when it comes to roast goose and there are only a handful of restaurants in Hong Kong that can satisfy my craving for roast goose. And of course, Michelin starred Kam's Roast Goose (甘牌燒鵝) is very much on top of that list.

We had a pretty big lunch at El Cerdo this afternoon so an early bird dinner wasn't exactly what I had in mind in the first place. But after walking by Kam's Roast Goose and not seeing a crowd in front, I began to have a different idea. Didn't take long before I set my sight on this lower quarter of roast goose (燒鵝下庄) too. This was very juicy. The meat was tender as if it's been slow cooked out of the oven. The only thing I didn't like about the goose was the crispy skin (or the lack of one). Perhaps I have taken a little too much time with my photo session which would explain why the skin was a bit chewy. That's really the only blemish I could find.



Their lo mein (撈麵) is a good option to go with the roast goose or suckling pig. I had this one with shrimp roes sprinkled on top and it was reasonably good.



A trip to Kam's Roast Goose is not complete without a cup of pantyhose milk tea. Don't think they get enough credit for their beverages but it was very nice and silky.



Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, Po Wah Commercial Center, 226 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2520-1110
Website: www.krg.com.hk


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think