Sunday, May 7, 2017

Gelati Gelati (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

Normally I don't go to Gelati Gelati when I was in Mapo-gu because Fell+Cole is my preferred choice for artisanal gelato in the area but since it's only 100 metres from aA Design Museum where we were chilling out, I guess I could make the exception.



Don't get me wrong. Gelati Gelati is arguably my second favorite place for gelato in the city but seriously, they would have a tough time competing against all the funky flavors (and names) from Fell+Cole.



Here're their flavors for May, 2017.



2 scoops of gelato here set me back ₩4,500 which is a pretty reasonable price to pay these days. I went with their royal milk tea and honey chestnut flavors this time around. Both of them were drawing mixed reviews.

Personally, I thought the royal milk tea flavor tasted a little like jasmine tea which was a little odd. The honey chestnut was so much better with a well balanced mix of honey and chestnut. And the fact that they have added small chunks of chestnut in the middle certainly didn't hurt.



Not bad but now that it has started my mojo, I ain't turning back! I'm heading over to Fell+Cole the moment we speak for more ice-cream!

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 12, Wausan-ro 17-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Hongik University
Tel: +82 2-3144-3281


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think