Saturday, January 21, 2017

Quelques Pâtisseries 某某。甜點 (Taipei, TAIWAN) ★★★★☆

One of the biggest reasons why I have decided to stay at Madison Taipei on this trip was largely because of its proximity to some of my favorite cake shops and cafés in town. There's an incredible list of them within the 500 metre perimeter of the hotel including Season, Yu Chocolatier (畬室法式巧克力甜點創作), Le Ruban Pâtisserie (法朋烘焙甜點坊), Cafe de Riz (米販食堂.咖啡) and of course on top of that list, Quelques Pâtisseries (某某。甜點).

I arrived at Quelques Pâtisseries a little after 12:30PM but only to be told that they were still preparing for their opening at 1PM sharp. Unfortunately, I really needed to take off with my family waiting so I promptly told them that I'm a big fan of theirs but I was going to fly back to Hong Kong the next day so I really really would like some of their tasty pastries right before I leave. They were very accommodating and after checking out what they had inside their kitchen, they offered me four choices that were available at that point in time.



While they were packing up my pastries, I took some time to check out their tea salon (which was very seldom empty). Very nice industrial chic design.



I could easily spend a couple of hours sitting here enjoying some of their wonderful desserts.



The first thing I got was one of their signature desserts, their chocolate tart (鐵觀音巧克力塔) (NT170). The silky smooth chocolate dulcey was infused with tieguanyin (鐵觀音), a premium variety of Chinese oolong tea adding some rich and earthy flavors with complex overtones to the tart. I was very impressed.



Paris-brest (巴黎榛果泡芙) (NT180) with a perfect hazelnut praline. This was another favorite of mine.



Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get some of my other favorites here this early including their Oriental Beauty (東方美人). If times persists, I will definitely come back tomorrow before flying back to Hong Kong for a bit more.




Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: No. 23, Lane 102, Section 1, Anhe Road, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan
Closest Metro Station: Xinyi Anhe
Tel: +886 2-2755-4097
Website: www.facebook.com/QuelquesP/



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think