Saturday, November 5, 2016

Ladurée Shinjuku (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★★★☆

It's been ages since Ladurée launched something new and exciting for those of us with sweet tooth. But since I was strolling around Shinjuku Station tonight, I thought I should drop by their Shinjuku outpost and see if anything interests me.



They have empty seats available in their salon but nah, it was getting late. Perhaps just some late-night snacks to bring back to the hotel if they have something interesting left.



Surprisingly, they've got a few new items added to their repertoire. First, there's this Tarte au Citron Meringuée which I have never seen before and then they have this gorgeous mont-blanc cake called Mont-Blanc Agrumes (864yen) sitting in the middle of the display that really caught my eyes.



This is a lot more sophisticated than a typical mont blanc. Meringue with citrus fruit jam and chantilly cream with candied chestnut, were topped off with chestnut cream and vermicelli chestnuts. That was quite satisfying and it tasted especially good when it's chestnut season!




Now that I have got my late-night snack nailed down, it's time for more shopping before bed time!







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: ¥¥¥¥
Address: Shinjuku Lumine 2, 1F 3-38-2 Shinjuku-ku, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Shinjuku
Tel: +81 3-6380-5981
Website: www.laduree.fr/fr/maisons/monde-details#204



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think