Friday, November 4, 2016

J'aime bien Patisserie (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

The good thing about having a really quick lunch is you get to squeeze in a doubleheader. That's exactly what we did.



While we still got time to burn, we decided to climb up the hilly St. Francis Street to check out what's new at J'aime Bien Patisserie. I must admit, I have always enjoyed the vibe at this tiny French patisserie. It almost feels like we're teleporting into another dimension through those sliding doors.



The beautiful bell jars along with the colorful pastries always reminded me of La Pâtisserie des Rêves and its surreal creations. (I'm missing Paris big time.....)



I know these are just mock-ups but they do look absolutely stunning inside the glass containers.



I had their signature Sabrina last time I was here and was a little disappointed by its lack of contrasting flavors and textures. Will this Sakura ($48) fare better? I'm curious in finding that out myself.



I thought this was pretty nice. The pinkish guava mousse helped set the tone with a nice balance of sweetness and bitterness (just a hint of bitterness) and it was working fairly well with the mandarin jelly, white wine jelly and sponge cake in the middle.



Charming little dessert spots like J'aime bien Patisserie just don't grow on trees here in Hong Kong. For those of you with a sweet tooth, let's give them all the support and love they can get!

Food Rating: 5.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop no.3, UG/F, Manrich Court, 33 St. Francis Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Wanchai
Tel: +852 2528-2118
Website: www.jaimebienpatisserie.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think