Thursday, August 18, 2016

Farinella Ristorante & Pizzeria (Serravalle Scrivia, ITALY) ★★★☆☆

After spending my first hours of this trip at Malpensa airport's Europcar counter, I finally got all the paperwork sorted out and slowly started cruising down to the Serravalle Designer Outlet. It's my first time here and I have to say, I like this outlet a lot. It's so rare to see such a minimal amount of tourists so I really got to walk around the place comfortably and enjoy the 160+ shops in the premise.

Like most outlets in Europe, there are 4 to 5 bakery cafes and restaurants at the Serravalle Designer Outlet. I decided to check out Farinella Ristorante & Pizzeria after being attracted by its Greek decor and Mediterranean ambiance.



The dining area is plain and uncluttered with you guess it, blue and white as the predominant colors.



Sitting at this corner, I couldn't help but felt a lot like I was dining somewhere in Greece!



But not to get too carried away here, this is, after all, a traditional Italian restaurant. I'm kicking things off with this traditional deep fried southern prawns and Sicilian squid served with potato chips and Farinella's special sauce. It's pretty nice, especially the Sicilian squid. Firm textured (but not too chewy) and flavorful.



I'm taking the chef's special of the day, spaghetti with scampi and tomato, as my main dish.



The whole thing was tossed in a light tomato sauce. Yes light, very light, in fact too light for my liking.



Now I've got the energy to do more shopping again.....



I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food around here. Not that it's overwhelmingly good, but it's something you don't really expect from a restaurant at a designer outlet - decent food.

Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: €€€
Address: Shop E, Serravalle Designer Outlet, Via della Moda, 1, 15069 Serravalle Scrivia, Italy
Website: www.farinellarestaurant.it


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think