Sunday, July 10, 2016

Billy Angel Cake Company Hongdae (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

I have another 2 hours to kill in Hongdae and rather than wandering around the streets pointlessly under the nasty heat, I decided to bring mom and my nugget to one of my favorite patisseries in the area to chill out. Unfortunately, my plan didn't start on the right foot (more on that later) so I had to adjust my itinerary a bit to the nearby Billy Angel Cake Company.



It's not like I am a total stranger to Billy Angel Cake Company. In fact it's the entire opposite as I have been eating here regularly for the past 2 years. I love the place. But why not come here in the first place, you ask? Well, for whatever reason, I have been craving for some exquisite French pastries since waking up in the morning and unfortunately, Billy Angel won't be able to accommodate that.




But I am not complaining though. As a matter of fact, I know exactly what I am ordering even before I sit down and it's one of my favorite pastries in Seoul last year - their Rainbow crepe cake.

I have been looking forward to this for a while now but surprisingly it wasn't as soft and fluffy as it was last year. What happen there?


Does this guy have a sweet tooth, I wonder? 😏


Going back to my little story.....my original plan, Plan A, was to visit Macaron by Ruben Jan Adriaan, a few stores to the right of Billy Angel, whom in my opinion, has one of the best macarons and French pastries in town. But I was shocked to find an emptied-out store. Actually, devastated was a better word to express my disappointment over Chef RJA's return to Amsterdam.







Food Rating: 5/10
Price: ₩₩₩
Address: 338-16 Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station: Hongik University
Tel: +82 2323-0020
Website: www.facebook.com/billyangelcakecompany



Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think