Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Oddies Gelateria (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Despite leaving Upper Modern Bistro with a pretty full stomach, I decided to hunt for something sweet afterwards, much to the delight of my sweet tooth. I know I would be passing by Oddies Gelateria on my way back to the IFC and that's where I would be heading for my sweet treat.



Last time I had the pineapple pastry eggettes (鳳梨酥雞蛋仔), which had a pretty nice Taiwanese twist to it. I think it's time to take it a step further this time. Perhaps Oddies' Chinese sausage eggettes (臘腸雞蛋仔)?



Oh I love this branch so much (very sleek design!) more than their Wanchai one. Absolutely hate standing there on the edge of the pavement, inhaling all the dust while I wait for my eggettes. 



It's been a while since I last visited and I notice that they've added to their repertoire recently with their "dan dan noodle" eggettes (擔擔麵雞蛋仔) and Korean rice cake eggettes (韓式年糕雞蛋仔).



I thought I am adventurous enough to try a savory eggette but obviously not this afternoon. I wanted something sweet instead so let's stick with the basics.



Brownie Choco chip eggettes (布朗尼朱古力碎雞蛋仔) ($28) - Crispy on the outside while moist and buttery inside. I love the chocolate ganache oozing out on each bite. These're a little heavy but well worth the spare stomach space I had left from lunch.



Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 45 Gough Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2750-2111


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think