Friday, February 19, 2016

Elephant Grounds Coffee + Kitchen Causeway Bay (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

For the longest time, Elephant Grounds has been one of the best kept secrets in town. It manages to fly under the radar screen of most people except for those who are passionate about coffee. Oh let's not forget about their ice-cream sandwiches too. But ever since they started expanding their territories to Admiralty (as a pop-up at the Upperhouse) and Causeway Bay, it's no longer a hidden gem or diamond in the rough. 



You gotta love a place like this where one can enjoy a warm cup of coffee and spend an entire afternoon with the best of your friends talking over nothing important.



Every year, I have about 5 cups of coffee but I would happily use up one of my quota here with this salted caramel expresso. Not bad although the caramel flavor could have been a little bit stronger. 



Of course, it would be odd not to have one of their ice-cream sandwiches especially when I saw everyone grabbing one of those in their hands left and right. Unfortunately, only the "Peanut Gallery" flavor was left but no way would I be leaving this place without having one in my belly. 

Here we have gooey chocolate chip cookies with the evil peanut butter ice-cream, strawberry jam and candied peanuts in the middle. That was heaven!



I was still feeling a little hungry partly because I had a very light lunch in the afternoon so I followed things up with something from the snack menu - Ebi Mayo. These shrimp tempura were seriously good stuff. Each piece was nicely dipped with a special ebi mayo and crab roes

This was a pleasant surprise from the kitchen. Didn't really think that they have more to offer other than the coffee and ice-cream sandwich so they've got me there.



I've got to be back sometime soon to catch their popular rosewater lychee ice-cream sandwich!

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop C, G/F, 42-28 Paterson Street Fashion Walk, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Causeway Bay
Tel: +852 2562-8688
Website: http://elephantgrounds.com/


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think