Wednesday, December 2, 2015

El Cerdo (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

The ever-changing food scene of Tsuen Wan welcomes a new member this week. Situated on Tai Pa Street just across the street from Tsuen Wan Plaza, El Cerdo (translating into "pork" from Spanish) officially opened its doors to those who's looking for a more sophisticated dining experience in the area.



Fine dining restaurants just don't grow on trees here in Tsuen Wan so I was looking at this place like a hidden treasure. And the more I looked around this place, the more I liked their ambience.



Their bread was very good. Tasted a lot like focaccia with a strong fragrance of fresh herbs.



I gotta pick between the daily soup or salad and promptly went with the healthier route. This was a simple garden salad with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Like the fact that the chef had added some potato cubes and quinoa to the mix. Not the most delicious salad one would ever taste but I felt a lot healthier already.



Fish and chips with truffled tartare sauce was my main course and I was slightly disappointed with the results. Thumbs up for the homemade fries especially those made with purple potatoes but a big thumbs down for the deep fried John Dory. Way too moist and mushy for me. 



Like most restaurants in Tsuen Wan, I tried not to be too hard on them coz after all, this is not Central or Causeway Bay. I am also partly to be blamed for not choosing a porky dish because the writing is on the wall (The restaurant's name is PORK. Hello!) so perhaps next time, I will give their namesake dish(es) a try.

Food Rating: 4/10
Price: $$$
Address: 77 Tai Pa Street, Tsuen Wan, NT, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsuen Wan West


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think