Monday, November 2, 2015

Almond Cafe Roppongi (Tokyo, JAPAN) ★★☆☆☆

Almond Cafe (カフェアマンド六本木), a cake shop and cafe in the Roppongi district, has provided a popular meeting spot for the locals of Tokyo ever since its opening back in August, 1946. In 2009, the popular cafe relocated to another busy corner in Roppongi but remains as one of the district's most "preferred" meeting points.




Today the little cafe also served as a "temporary shelter" for me from the heavy rain. While waiting for the rain to stop, I decided to hop in and treat myself to something sweet.



They don't have a lot to offer other than some Japanese influenced cakes which include fruit cakes, cheese cakes and cream puffs. But honestly I didn't really care.



After picking a couple of cakes at the counter, I randomly grabbed a seat and waited for my turn to be served.



Coffee and walnut cake (540 yen) - First up, a walnut cake which turned out to be predominantly coffee flavored. It was decent but personally, I would much prefer a little more walnut flavor in there.



Swiss roll "mont blanc" (400 yen) - Chestnut is in-season at the moment so one won't go wrong getting a mont blanc, right? Unfortunately, I was wrong this time. 







Food Rating: 3.5/10
Price: ¥¥¥
Address: 6-1-26 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Closest Metro Station: Roppongi
Tel: +81 3-3402-1870
Website: 
www.roppongi-almond.jp


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think