Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fauchon Paris (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I've been praying that one day, both Pierre Hermé and Fauchon Paris would start carrying some of their signature pastries right here in Hong Kong on top of their extensive selection of macarons. Finally, half of my prayers were answered!



In reality, I have already known about Fauchon's éclairs arriving in Hong Kong a long time ago but unfortunately, I was a bit tied up and didn't get a chance to check it out immediately. Now, on top of their colorful éclairs, I realized that some of their other pastries were also in play, including a dark chocolate mousse cake ($58) and Tahitian vanilla, wild strawberry sauce, almond paste and sponge cake ($54).



But I just wanted to get back to the basics so I ended up taking this "Paris-brestéclair ($48) instead. I know I can always trust Fauchon's éclairs. The choux dough was filled with a rich and silky smooth hazelnut praline cream and topped with roasted hazelnut chunks. Nothing short of brilliant!



Food Rating: 7/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shop 3233, 3/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: +852 2657-7908


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think