Friday, July 31, 2015

Yat Lok Roast Goose 一樂燒鵝 (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★☆☆

Roast goose was a major hit in the 2015 Michelin Guide for Hong Kong with Kam's Roast Goose and Yat Lok (一樂燒鵝) claiming their Michelin star for the very first time. I know Kam's Roast Goose very well due to a very special reason but personally I have never eaten at Yat Lok before despite many friends raving about this place. So this visit has been long overdue.



I arrived at Yat Lok at roughly 4:45pm and it was already jam packed with customers, most of whom were tourists from different parts of the world. Talk about the power of the Michelin Guide.


I was too busy talking on the phone and have totally forgotten to ask for the lower quarter (下庄) which was mistake on my part. But even without specifying my preference, the meat was still pretty decent. A little drier than what I was accustomed to but flavorful enough.


Also had some char siu with rice noodles. This was quite lean, which I often didn't like but it was tender and that kind of make up for it. Still prefer some honey on top like they did it at Joy Hing (再興).



Is the roasted goose tasty? Oh yes. But was it any better than the ones from Yue Kee Roasted Goose (深井裕記) or anyone else at Sham Tseng? Personally, I couldn't tell the difference to be brutally honest.


Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F, 34-38 Stanley Street, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central
Tel: +852 2524-3882


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think