Saturday, June 6, 2015

Holy Chef (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

I don't usually go to Cheung Sha Wan very often so when I do, I try to make the most of it. Holy Chef is always on my hit list and I figured it's the right time to visit the holy man (or woman) behind their stove.

At first, I kind of thought that I copied the wrong address coz this was all wrong. Wrong neighborhood with all these body shops surrounding an area of nursery homes. This couldn't possibly be the home of the holy chef, right?



Well, wrong again. This is truly a quiet retreat to a neighborhood that is old and noisy. No, it's an oasis!



The more I think of it, this is really a soho style cafe caught in the wrong side of the city but that's perfectly good news for those living in the area.



We were all sweaty at this point after a 10-15 minute walk from the MTR station so we were curious in what the chef has to offer in terms of refreshments.



As an Oreo lover, I was all into this Oreo Lover milkshake ($48) which was very good. And thirst quenching too.



But this Black Beer milkshake ($48) really stole the show. Yes, you read it right. It tasted like beer with Ovaltine. Well, it's a little difficult to describe so come and try one out for yourself.



An amuse bouche before our savory food. You must be joking too? That's all too good to be true. A rich tomato soup with lots of tomato skin. I love it.



I had to try one of their pastas out as they were so highly touted. Creamy crab meat pasta ($108) was indeed creamy and the texture of the pasta was perfectly al dente. Love the fact that they put a lot of onions into it. Very very good.



Of course, we had to try their other signature - All Day breakfast ($98). While the portion was huge, I thought it's a little disappointing. Other than the mushroom and bacon, very little to cheer about.



That was a pleasant surprise. I would most definitely come back some other time for their pasta and a chance to try their homemade pizza.

Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F Cheung Fai Building, Po On Road 401-405, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Cheung Sha Wan
Tel: +852 3460-3304
Website: www.facebook.com/OMGHOLYCHEF


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think