Monday, June 29, 2015

Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

Let's get the record straight here. Gradini Ristorante E Bar Italiano didn't exactly fly under my radar screen all this time. As a matter of fact, I have been drooling over the pictures of Chef Giovanni Greggio's highly touted Maine lobster tagliolini and roasted lamb rack for quite some time but somehow I never followed up on making this trip.



After nearly a year since its opening, I finally got the chance to come for a quick visit, although this time there will be no Maine lobster tagliolini or roasted lamb rack on the agenda I'm afraid. Instead, it will be scones, snacks and English breakfast tea serving on the fly. 



For someone who's not keen on afternoon teas, this was like a quantum leap for me - my second afternoon tea this week. But with this relaxing ambiance, I knew I could probably sit here all day. 



This has to be one of the biggest steals in the history of afternoon tea. A $288 for two deal that features a three-tier tea set as well as exquisite tea and coffee of your choice. Combining that with the ambiance, that was a huge huge bargain.



The top tier of the rack features some small savory nibbles including classic spring rolls, parma ham brioche and smoked salmon toast. That was alright.



Afternoon tea without scorn? Not a chance.



It was nice to see that the bar has decided to pay homage to Hong Kong culture by adding a bit of old-time Hong Kong to the mix. Look at those cute little egg waffles, one of the all-time street favorites and certainly my favorite. Very fluffy and delish. 



 
On the bottom of the pile, there were some tiramisu and panna cotta. I loooovvvve tiramisu and panna cotta!!!!!



Meet my classico tiramisu del pasticcere, with layers of savoiardi biscuit flavor, espresso and aramatto, and topped with mascarpone cream and cacao. That was sinful.



I had the English breakfast tea as my afternoon tea.



The more I looked at The Pottinger, the more I felt in love with this place. Of course it never hurt to have three quality restaurants in the premise too. Yes I will be back very soon.



Food Rating: 5/10
Price: $$$
Address: G/F The Pottinger, 74 Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Central / Hong Kong Station
Tel: +852 2308-3088
Website: Link


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think