Saturday, May 9, 2015

Etalp La Patisserie (Seoul, SOUTH KOREA) ★★★☆☆

People often said Sinsa is the place to be if you're looking for trendy cafés and coffee shops in Seoul but I'm not sure if I totally agree with this. Perhaps I am getting a little bored with what Sinsa had to offer? Or is the area getting a little too crowded the last few years?

Whenever I come to Sinsa, I always choose to stop by Dish Room by Doré Doré for a quick drink and slice of cake but this time around, I found another place at the "quiet side" of Sinsa. Yes, you got that right - there's a quiet side to this popular tourist area. The place is called Etalp La Patisserie, a small "up-stairs" café on top of a fashion boutique. 

 

It's right across the street from the playground of an elementary school. Just look for a building with red bricks and you won't miss it.



From what I've heard, the owner-patissier of Etalp La Patisserie has previously trained in Europe and obviously has a great deal of passion for French pastry making.



By looking at the way she decorated her tea room, she's trying to bring a piece of Europe back to Seoul!

(See playground across the street there!)



There wasn't a lot to choose from on the day I visited but I managed to find this gem, a hazelnut cake with sponge and Earl Grey tea. A very solid offering. Not bad.



Food Rating: 5.5/10 
Price: ₩₩
Address: 201/ 552-3 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Closest Metro Station:
Sinsa
Tel: +82 2-6010-7717
Website: http://etalp.com


Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think