Friday, May 16, 2014

Nishiki Yakitori (Hong Kong, CHINA) ★★★★☆

It's been a while since I last visited Nishiki now. Perhaps after a rough day at work, their skewers could help cheer me up a little.



A surprisingly quiet night on a Friday here. I was able to squeeze into the usually packed bar tables with front row seats to the open kitchen.



I started things off with a sweet bean curd udon as I always did here. But the broth was not as sweet as it used to. Perhaps the kitchen was having an off night?



They quickly redeemed themselves with their house specialty - minced chicken meat sausage. As always, I mixed the egg yolk well with the sausage to inject more depth into the flavor.



This was the first time I had this pork belly and it was another great choice - perfect portion of fat and meat!







Food Rating: 6/10
Price: $$
Address: 1/F, Regal Kowloon Hotel, 71 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Closest Metro Station: Tsim Sha Tsui East
Tel: +852 2723-8660



View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think