Sunday, September 8, 2013

Paul Bakery (Taipei, TAIWAN) ★★★☆☆

I didn't expect it at all - a Paul inside the Mitsukoshi Department Store. This branch is not only a small pastry shop but more of a bistro-style café that serves simple and authentic French comfort food (quiche, salad etc.) in a casual setting.

I have been a die-hard fan of this century-old pâtisserie ever since visiting one in London many years ago. Since then, I was fortunate enough to come across a few of them in different parts of the world, including Paris (of course), Prague, Athens, Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka.



There was a small line-up in front of the café so we decided to get something to go instead.



My personal favorite is Paul's pistachio flavored jumbo macaron. I paid €2.8 for one in Paris this April. Here in Taipei, it cost me almost €5 for one. Wow~

I thought the one in Paris tasted better!







Food Rating: 4.5/10
Price: $$$
Address: Shin Kong Mitsukoshi 2/F, A9, No. 9, Song Shou Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Closest Metro Station: Taipei City Hall
Tel: +886 (0)2 2722 0700

  


View Larger Map

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think